Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Rewind

Everyone does this on/around New Years.  So why not me?

My friend Jaynee (one-third of the Trifecta of Awesome) put a post on her Facebook and asked people to write all the fun things we did through the year.  As I was writing my list, I remembered all the greatness that was 2010 and decided I needed it all in one convenient place.  Here goes.

January

~Spoke in church for the first time.

~Won a super sweet blog give away.

February

~Made awesome valentine's for my students.



~Loved mylifeisaverage

~Read the Hunger Games....and LOVED it!

~Found a hidden talent...dominating 12-year-olds at dodge ball.

March

~Realized I was officially shorter than many of my students.

~Dressed like Conan O'Brien for a school assignment.



~Made a list of things I wanted for my birthday.

April

~Learned that volleyball and cheap nylons are not best friends.

~I was asked on a date while driving on Bangerter...true story.

~Earth Day party...the first of many random holidays used to just have a party.



~My blog turned one!

~Free Pie! and a broken dead bolt.

May

~Fake mustaches and real sombreros on Cinco de Mayo.



~The Trifecta of Awesome was born at a Ground Control show.

~Had a weekend of awesomeness...which included bowling, finally building that dang IKEA desk, large amounts of ice cream, prophets and double rainbows.

~Spoke in church for the 2nd time in four months.

~Was called as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society.

June

~Went to Lake Powell with the family.



~Sweaty Latin Dancing with Gabriel, Jenny and Rich.



~Manti Pageant with Jaynee, Jenny, Rich, Bryce, Gabriel, Ryan, Josh, Jayson and Anthony.  Side note...this was the first time Anthony and I ever really did anything together.




~Began playing football with the boys in my class...usually while wearing a dress.

July

~Last day of my first year of teaching and field day.



~Movie under the stars.

~Celebrated our very first half-birthday.



~Dane's birthday celebration.  I did a few things I never thought I would do.  Went on a giant water slide and got an atomic wedgie at Seven Peaks and decorated a trunk for a birthday party.





~24th of July celebrations.



August

~St. George and Las Vegas with Ryan, Bryce and Jaynee.




~Ryan said I was engaged.

~First day of my 2nd year of teaching...easy peasy mac and cheesey.

September

~Had a surprise half-birthday party...first surprise party of my life.



~Made up a new slang term.

~Saul turned 100,000 miles.

~Went to work accidentally dressed as a pirate.  Called the day Official Pirate Day.

October

~First 6th grade market day...had bright red hair for an entire day.



~Road trip to Los Angeles with Jaynee, Jenny, and Kellen to buy fabric for my wedding dress...before I was actually engaged.



~Went on a crazy road trip to Mississippi and Texas with Anthony.

~Got engaged!


~Went to the airport dressed as Zombie Ron Weasley and got Anthony out of a speeding ticket.



November

~Had a pumpkin carving party (in October) but blogged about it in November (not much happened in November).

December

~My car, Saul, died.

~Had engagement pictures taken.



~Finished the MEd portion of my Master's Degree.  Three more classes until I officially have a Master's.  I'm pretty awesome...even if I do say so myself.

~Tried to learn how to be a rapper.  Didn't turn out so well.

And that's the fun, (mostly) amazing things that happened this year.  My life really didn't start until about April...January-March were pretty boring.  I'm glad I have lots of amazing people in my life now.  Thanks for the good times.  Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't made it past Cinco de Mayo, but I AM LAUGHING SO HARD I am crying. So glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished with more laughing. A few things:
    -I have a Southern accent, doesn't really get me more friends :)
    -You have 25 more days until you are married, that is exciting
    -I love road trips, though it seems you *don't*, and your posts on your adventures remind me of my life before kids
    -Pirate Day was awesome
    -I really enjoyed this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, thanks so much! I love when people enjoy what I post. It makes me feel so good!

    And Lindsay...I'm glad I made you cry, in a good way. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails