Thursday, December 2, 2010

Old Trusty Isn't So Trusty

Remember how I said I was grateful for a car that gets me around?  Well, Saul (my generally trusty car), decided to call it quits on me yesterday morning.

As I was turning the corner the engine stopped and all the lights came on.  I pulled off the road but wasn't able to get it started again.

Luckily, another 6th grade teacher was just down the road and she came to pick me up.

Anthony picked me up from work and we went to look at my car...it was super dead.  We took the battery to Auto Zone to get it charged and checked.  They could charge it but the machine that does the checking wasn't working.  Ugh.

Anthony spent 3 hours under my car, on the side of the road in 27 degree weather, trying to get things to work.  It didn't work.  I was postive I was going to have to be rushed to the emergency room to have my toes amputated due to the hypothermia that I obviously had.  No, I'm not being one bit dramatic.  I don't think I've been that cold in a long time.

My car is still sitting in a parking lot.  I hope we can get it figured out because rental cars are expensive and I have lots to do this weekend.

Ugh.  Cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails