Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pie and Ears

Here in Utah, we have this lovely little holiday called Pioneer Day or just The 24th of July.  This is a holiday that commemorates when the pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley.  It's generally a very hot day full of parades, bbqs, and fireworks.  We also like to celebrate for a few days...who doesn't love a double dose of fireworks?

On Friday, my friends and I went to a Bees baseball game (the Bees are our minor league team).  They ended up losing badly (12 to 1...a little reminiscent of the 6th grader vs. teacher game) but we still had a good time.





Jayson, Jaynee, Jenny, Me, Bryce, Josh



Bryce had to show someone the inside of his zipper because he thought it was so cool.  Agreed.



Jaynee, Jenny and me.  Man! I love these ladies!


 Me and Bryce and the annoying ladies that thought it was so fun to give us bunny ears.


 So I took a picture of them.  You're welcome ladies.


"Now what should we take pictures of?  Let's give ourselves mustaches!" 


 Jaynee makes a red mustache look good!  And who else could pull off a blue mustache?  No one but Jenny!


 Go team!



 After the picture is taken: Ryan says, "We both look remotely attractive in that one."  Me, "Let's take another."

 And we get this beauty...


 And this one.  Ryan: "Just make a face."  Me: "A face like what?"  Ryan: "Just like you're scared or you don't like it."  Me: "Okay?"  And then he bit me.  I was scared and I didn't like it at all.



When we got home, Bryce was intent on drawing Angelina.  What do you think?


 Someone (I promised I wouldn't release any names or faces) fits in my shoes.  This person is not a girl.  I don't know if I should feel bad that my feet are as big as a guy's feet or vice versa.

Today, (the actual holiday) I went to the zoo with Anthony and his nephew.  The zoo is much more fun with small children.  I'm glad he was able to come with us!  I didn't take any pictures except for one of the new baby elephant, Zuri.  We ended the night by watching fireworks from Jenny's sister's backyard.  I love summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails