I spoke in church today.
Wow. It's always unnerving but I got through it and it went really well.
I wanted to open my talk with a great story or a funny story or a joke of some kind. Nothing came to my head so I finally decided I'd start the talk with a joke from a Laffy Taffy.
Here's the joke I told to open it up (I said it was appropriate because we are in a singles ward.): "What did the girl ocean say to the boy ocean when he asked her on a date? Shore." Ha. It got way more laughter than it deserved but it made me happy.
As I was speaking my friend Claire sent me this text: "You've got them eating out of your hand. Reel them in. P.S. you look pretty. The end." Awww. How nice. By the way, I did not open the text until after church, if you were judging me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment