I started out wearing hoops and boots and I thought, "That's way too pirate-ish. I should change that."
When I got to school, I asked my students if I looked like a pirate. They yelled an enthusiastic "Yes! You look so cool!" Because of that, I had them take a picture of me.
During library, our librarian read a book about pirates.
The math of the day was this problem:
Juan’s class made a gigantic square pizza for a class party to be held the day after their final math test. They made it a week before the party so they would have time to study. To keep the pizza fresh, they stored it in the cafeteria freezer.
Unfortunately, the notorious Pizza Pirate was lurking in the area. That night, the Pizza Pirate disguised himself as a janitor, tiptoed into the cafeteria, and gobbled down half of the pizza! On the second night, he ate half of what was left of the pizza. Each night after that, he crept in and ate half of the pizza that remained.
After the final test, Juan’s class went to get their pizza to start their celebration—and were stunned by what they found!
What fraction of the pizza was left for the party?
Another teacher handed out a word search all about pirates.
None of this happened on purpose. Obviously, today is Pirate Day. It's official because I said so. Are you wearing your eye patch?




You could also be Santa or Mrs. Claus. Take your pick. The belt reminds me of Santa!
ReplyDelete