Thursday, July 23, 2009

I really like ellipses...

Ok...I finished my room today and planned the first week...wahoo!

Here's some pictures of my almost completed room...I took them early in the morning then forgot to take more when I really finished...Oh well...you get the point.
This is my view of the classroom...standing at the white board looking back at the kiddos. Don't hate me Tim...I know! Groups of 6? More like parties of 6 but it's very temporary...I promise!
These pictures are taken from the back of the room...to the left are the hooks for backpacks and coats and such and there is really nothing there right now so no pictures.
This is my guided reading table and I don't know what else right now. I'm thinking I'll have the kids move their desks and we'll have mini-lessons there also with the kiddos on the floor.



Here is my "library." It looks so big when it's at my house on my super tiny bookshelf...not so much on the monster bookshelf at school.

And last but not least...my desk...the best part is that mug...you obviously can't read it but it says "WHINING." Freaking awesome for $1 at Target.

Really this is not exciting at all except for the fact that it's done. I'm sure with every track change, the room will look better. I can't believe the day I've been working toward for the past 3 years is really here. I'm officially a teacher and I have students. Holy cow! I'm so stinking excited!

Wait! I forgot to mention this yesterday. I sent letters home to my students on Monday with a little introduction to me and a questionnaire for my students. I asked them to bring it to back to school night (12 of my kids showed, 9 brought their questionnaires). I had forgotten about the questionnaire so I was really surprised and excited when I got the first ones back. Anyway, that's not what this is about. One dad, ONE dad, said, "I'm really impressed with you. I thought that letter was a really good idea. And the form for the kids to fill out was a great idea too." Thanks, you're my new favorite dad...A++ for your kiddo. Big thanks to Tim for pounding into my head how important letters home are! At least I made a good impression on one dad.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, This looks great. Thanks for keeping us updated. You truely are amazing. I'm so impressed!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails