Thursday, July 9, 2009

Organize Books. Check!

Oh, wow. Had I known organizing my books would take days, I would have started long ago. But it is now done. I decided against putting the levels on the books. I figure 6th graders are smart enough to figure out if a book is too hard or too easy and if they can't I'll teach them.

All I did was put them in the categories that I mentioned in the last post and put them in bins. That doesn't sound like it should have taken me 2 days but it did. But now they're all pretty and organized like I have OCD or something. I'm a bit worried about letting my students read them because they'll mess up my system. Procedure #1 to be taught: How to take care of books and put them back in the right spot.

I'm hauling all my stuff over to the school tomorrow. I'm also bringing my little sister who has been hounding me to let her help me. Free labor. I like it. Maybe I'll even start decorating. I'll take pictures of whatever I do because I know you're all dying to see my creativeness in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails