Tomorrow is the big day. I know I've said this A LOT lately but...I can't believe this day is really here. I'm so super excited and a little nauseous.
I'm at that point where I have planned for everything but I know that as soon as I get there in the morning I'll be freaking out because there was something I overlooked.
And I have bus duty in the morning so I have to be out on the playground from 8am to 8:30 when school starts. There's half an hour of prep time I don't get on the first day.
And I was looking at the recommended book list for elementary and middle school today. If a book is on the middle school list I cannot read it to my class or have them read it. Almost every book I wanted to read was on the middle school list...so annoyed.
Like I said, I'm really excited for this first day but at the same time I want it to be over. It's like a first date...a first blind date. I know the name and little bits about him but that's it. I don't have a face or any interactions yet. I don't know what to expect. That's exactly like my class. I know their names and I'm being set up by the 5th grade teacher who has told me a little bit about all the students. We just need to have a short lunch date to get to know each other. Then decide if we want to see each other again. Of course, I can't do that with my students but who would want to? I think the first day should be a half day. Just get out all your expectations and meet the kiddos then go home and figure out the next day. I'm a bit nervous about actually teaching on the first day because I don't know my kids. I don't know who needs extra help, who is so far ahead that they have stopped listening...nothing.
That was such a rambling paragraph. Sorry if it makes no sense but I needed to get everything out and I don't feel like editing today.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment