Day two was so much more fun! Actually teaching is awesome.
I spent so much time yesterday just going over rules and practicing EVERYTHING that I was bored out of my mind by lunch...my kiddos probably were too. I know I've talked about Tim way too much lately but honestly, classroom management is the key. Anyway, he always says to practice, practice, practice and that many teachers don't do enough. I can see why they don't. It's ridiculously boring and monotonous. But I'm being a good little teacher and still practicing daily.
And this is why I'm practicing daily...4 new kids today...not kids that were registered originally, kids that are new to the school as of today. We reviewed every rule and procedure all day today. It annoys me but I think it's good for the kids. Sounds like I'm going to have to really go with the flow this year.
I'm also already loving so many of my kids. They're just so stinking cute and have such cute personalities. I like 6th graders a lot.
I also realized today why I like teaching older kids. I've always said it's because you can do so much more with them and you can talk to them like real people. Here is another reason...I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes teaching how to pick up your lunch or how to use the toilet, flush and wash your hands. Those of you that love kindergarten, bless you. I'm just glad my kids know those things already.
I also let my kids color a map (because we needed to stretch a bit). They were so quiet. It was amazing. I probably could have let them color til the end of the day and they wouldn't have made another peep. So there's your teacher tip of the day. Need some quiet time? Bring out a coloring page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment