Whenever I begin a new project, I always think it will take no time at all. I am always wrong.
Today I began getting all my books ready to take to my classroom. My plan is to have bins to put my books in (each labeled with one of the following: Fantasy/Science Fiction, Historical Fiction, Realistic Fiction, Poetry, Informational, Biography/Autobiography, Mystery/Horror, Picture Books, Legends/Myths/Fairytale/Fables) and also label them according to level so my students will be able to find books that are appropriate for their reading level.
I plan on making some sort of chart that just simply will be different colored dots for each approximate reading level. My students will be trained that if the book they are reading is too hard or too easy they should find a book with a different colored dot. This explanation really makes no sense at all. I'll post a picture when I get it done. I'll be shopping for supplies tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get it up asap.
Anyway, I have all these great ideas but they're all still pretty much in my head. It took me about 5 hours to just get all my books along with their levels in a spreadsheet. Ugh. Who knew? If I hadn't wanted levels for my books I probably could have busted this out in an hour or two but no, I had to go the extra mile. Ugh again.
Also, who knew 4 years of collecting books could lead to me having so many of them? Geesh! 4 huge boxes in all and I'm still not sure if I have more scattered around my house.
As I was arranging these books I had them in huge mountains of books all over my bed. I felt like a huge book nerd but I loved it. I thought about taking a picture but couldn't get out of my bed to get my camera because I was booked in.
I'm thinking about hitting up a grocery store to see if they'll just give me some of those milk crates so I don't have to buy any. Someone probably will if I just say I'm a teacher, right? People are usually pretty generous when it comes to teachers. I just have to say I'm a teacher and I need something for my class. It usually works well.
Any suggestions for very nice grocery stores or any other things I could get for free if I ask nicely enough?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Speaking of projects...make sure to work on your auction items.
ReplyDeleteOh geez. I totally forgot about that. I'll have to get some creative juices flowing!
ReplyDelete