I spent today trying to figure out my writers' workshop. Originally, I wanted to combine all the great things I learned from all the great people I learned from in my Writing class this summer. That was WAY too much work. I decided to full on copy Nancie Atwell and her fantastic book Lessons that Change Writers.
In the book, Atwell gives her year long writing curriculum and a chronology of her mini-lessons. So I think she wants us to copy her, right? It's not illegal if I give credit where credit is due, right? So here it is...Nancie Atwell = genius writing teacher. I only hope I can teach these lessons as well as she has.
So week one in writers' workshop is done. Now all I need to do is finish social studies, math, science, put my room together, and stop freaking out.
Why were we never taught how to plan and get ready for the first days and weeks of school? That should be a class you take during student teaching. Instead of the large group sessions, I'd have a class called The First Weeks of School: What the Heck Should I Do? and Complaining 302: The Art of Grumbling About Teaching.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment