My classroom is mostly put together. Decorated and everything. But if my classroom management teacher saw it, he would probably crap his pants...sorry Tim but I had no choice but to have parties (aka groups of 5 or more) instead of groups. My room is ity bity and there's just no room for 30 desks without it. At least I know it's not smart and have admitted it.
We also had Back to School Night tonight. We had a little opening meeting thing then the parents and students were supposed to go to visit their teacher and classroom along with tables for the literacy specialist, math specialist, BYU interns, nurse...when they visited these stations they got a ticket which was good to get a snocone, popcorn or go on one of the inflatable bounce house things. Apparently it was a really good turn out even though I just barely had half my kids show up.
But now that I've met half of my kids and have faces for the names, I AM SO EXCITED!! They are still really tiny. For some reason I pictured them all as giants who would tower over me from day one. They didn't. They all still had to look up at me, though I was wearing 4 inch heels so I was 5'8" not 5'4" like normal. So we'll see if they still have to look up on Monday.
I'll take pictures tomorrow so ya'll can see my decorating genius. I like to refer to it as the slap and staple decorating plan. Actually, there's no plan. I just slap things up where there is space and presto...room decorated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment