This is such a great story about a bunch of lonely people who are brought together by a dog. Opal finds a homeless dog at The Winn-Dixie grocery store and he soon helps her to make many friends. This book is written at about a 4th grade level (Christina, use it as a read aloud or for book club in your class!) and I don't think I'm giving anything away but I think this is the only book in existence with a dog on the cover that won an award (Newbery to be exact) where the dog doesn't die. I definitely recommend it. It's a really quick and fun read.
"It's hard not to immediately fall in love with a dog who has a good sense of humor." (p. 12)



You are the best. Thanks for the idea. I actually just saw this book and was thinking of reading it.
ReplyDelete