
Book #22 Freckle Juice by Judy Blume
Andrew Marcus, a 2nd grader, wants to look like Nicky Lane, a fellow 2nd grader who has freckles. Andrew wants freckles so his mom won't be able to tell if his face is dirty. Sharon, who often tricks Andrew, sells him a secret recipe for Freckle Juice for 50 cents. He drinks the concoction and becomes sick. He then decides to draw freckles on his face with a blue marker. All the kids laugh at him and his teacher gives him a magic freckle remover. Nicky Lane then asks his teacher if he can use the remover also.
This is an extremely quick read (47 pages with pictures)! I don't know if I'm just not into early reader chapter books because they can't really get into a big story or what but I wasn't loving this book. I can see it as something that would be a quick, fun and easy read for 1st or 2nd graders but I'm not into teaching younger grades so I wasn't into it.

Andrew Marcus, a 2nd grader, wants to look like Nicky Lane, a fellow 2nd grader who has freckles. Andrew wants freckles so his mom won't be able to tell if his face is dirty. Sharon, who often tricks Andrew, sells him a secret recipe for Freckle Juice for 50 cents. He drinks the concoction and becomes sick. He then decides to draw freckles on his face with a blue marker. All the kids laugh at him and his teacher gives him a magic freckle remover. Nicky Lane then asks his teacher if he can use the remover also.
This is an extremely quick read (47 pages with pictures)! I don't know if I'm just not into early reader chapter books because they can't really get into a big story or what but I wasn't loving this book. I can see it as something that would be a quick, fun and easy read for 1st or 2nd graders but I'm not into teaching younger grades so I wasn't into it.



No comments:
Post a Comment