Let's wrap up the last week of school since the blogging has been hit and miss the past few days.
Monday: Let's be real...who remembers Mondays anyway?
Tuesday: Husband gets home from his business trip to D.C. Things are back as they should be.
Wednesday: Honor Roll Assembly. I received an amazing compliment from one of my parents. It went something like this:
Parent: "I just wanted to tell you how much I've appreciated you this year. F. has loved you. She...she just loves you."
Me: "Oh, thanks. I've loved having F. in my class. I will miss her very much."
Parent: "Well, I never thought anyone could hold a candle to Miss J. (Side note: this is not me as in before I was married Miss J. This Miss J. is a different teacher. She teaches 1st grade and is AMAZING!) but you do. You've been amazing."
Me: "Thank you."
That's all I could say. I was so stunned by the comment that all this parent got was a thank you. Man, I love that family!
Teacher vs. 6th graders kick ball game. Teachers won (obviously) 14-6.
Thursday: Field Day. We didn't have a slip-n-slide or a dunk tank so it wasn't nearly as fun as last year. Bummer.
Friday: Remember how RS stole my desk for April Fool's Day? Well, he tried to do it again today. Shouldn't you be crying about how much you're going to miss me not tormenting me? Gosh, the nerve!
Some select students were crying from the minute the first bell rang...we've got 4 hours ladies. Hold it together.
We had our "graduation" (interperet as 6th graders walking through the halls while Pomp and Circumstance plays over the intercom and all the other grades and teachers clap for them), students were beyond sobbing. It was ridiculous but I did choke up, mostly because Andrea is leaving us to teach in Logan.
It was a pretty good school year. I didn't have anyone suspended, there was no stealing, no horrible things written on bathroom walls, I didn't cry because I was so upset with my students. We're going to call this year a success.
Stay tuned for next year though. We hear this group coming up is a little difficult.


No comments:
Post a Comment