Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Plastic Bag Holder

So, you have an old shirt


and a cabinet FULL of plastic grocery sacks?

I understand this is ridiculous.
I have a small solution.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's another successful sewing project.

I'll even give you a mini-tutorial because I did this all on my own which means it was obviously really really ridiculously difficult.

1. Cut a rectangle out of the old shirt.  Bonus if you keep the bottom seam...LESS SEWING!


2. Sew a casing for the elastic on the edge that isn't finished (sorry, no pictures).

3. Add a hook to hang your awesome bag holder.

I just used a scrap from the shirt but you can use anything you want...ribbon, string, twine, plastic bags, anything
4. Sew the sides together to form a tube.


5. Add elastic to top and bottom casings.  (I was going to try shirring but after my initial trouble I thought this would be much quicker.)



6. Stuff with bags and hang. 

It's a little large for my cabinet but I'm over it.  To avoid this, measure first.  I hate measuring.
And that's it.  Now your cabinet is plastic bag free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails