Friday, July 8, 2011

Mail and Magazine Organizer

I've been crafting again...this time, successful but not as much.

Before we get to the craft, let's talk about what I learned with this craft.
  • I should ask questions of people who work at the fabric store when I'm not sure.
  • The cheapo left-over fabric looks a lot different when rolled as opposed to unfolded.
  • Hot glue really is hot.
 Alright my lovelies...I used this tutorial. 


Mine is not nearly as pretty (or as finished) as the tutorial.  Also, I used the wrong kind of interfacing so it didn't stick to both sides of the fabric.  My solution?  Sew the crap out of it.  Also, I didn't glue down the backing fabric first.  I just pulled and stapled...and stapled and stapled and stapled.  I loved staples in this craft. 

Moral of the story: One day I will be a good crafter and things will look professional-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails