Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's, Mrs. H!

I walked into my classroom today to find that I no longer had a desk.

My reaction?  "Ugh.  My desk." and immediately walked out to find RS and his crew of assailants.

They were nowhere to be found so I decided to talk to the janitor...he's always in on the practical jokes.  Unfortunately, he had no idea where my desk was.  As I walked in to show him, I noticed the camera taping my every move.

So I picked it up and said, "You think you're so funny, don't you?"  Then I heard it.   The laughter of a half dozen 12-year olds.   They had been standing outside the window peaking in and laughing the whole time. 

"You guys watch out" is what I told them in my most mischievous tone.  "You never know when I might get you back."

And get them back I did.  I gave them a "7th Grade Math Placement Test" with 9th grade honors curriculum on it.  I told them I wasn't allowed to help and any question that didn't have work shown would be graded wrong regardless of a correct answer or not...they also only got 30 minutes to finish.  (I should have made it 15, just to make them worry that much more.)

There were kids who were about to cry, there were kids who obviously just gave up, there were kids who whined, there were kids who tried really hard to figure things out, there were kids who sat and looked dumbfounded...it was glorious.

After the half-hour, they were distraught.  I thought about telling them about the joke before they went to lunch but why not let them squirm a little longer?

Next year, I will be prepared.  Next year I will have hilarious April Fools for my students.


Watch out class of 2012...

1 comment:

  1. if you didn't blog. I do not know what i would do. I wouldn't hear your stories anymore. sad. But seriously. Love the blog. And thanks for the recipe. I hope to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails