I made a delicious dinner tonight. We had pot roast with a garlic and sauteed mushroom gravy, roasted carrots, garlic rolls, and smashed "potatoes" (I used this recipe. With a bit more practice these will probably taste better. On the bright side, Husband totally thought they were real potatoes). The meal was really easy to make.
Garlic Rolls
I used this recipe for the dough because it's really simple, I've made it a bunch of times and it's always worked out...except once...dang yeast! I also did most of the basics of this recipe with slight modifications.
Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Spread garlic butter all over.
Fold dough in half.
Use a pizza cutter to slice strips of dough.
Roll each piece up.
Add cheese if desired.
Let rise about 20 minutes.
Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Spread more garlic butter on top.
If you used all your garlic butter on the inside and all your butter is frozen, you're in luck. I have an amazing solution. Unwrap butter, rub all over hot rolls, sprinkle with garlic topping. Delicious.
Hurry and eat a hot roll before your husband comes home. You won't regret it.
Roasted Carrots
Toss carrots with canola oil, garlic salt and pepper to taste. Place on roasting pan. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Stir carrots. Bake another 10 minutes. (This is Court's recipe)
| Ahh, so pretty. |


Oh my YUM! I need to make those rolls!
ReplyDelete