Somewhere along the line, I heard that it is really good for you. Ugh. That's probably why it tastes so bad. Anyway, with this new knowledge, I decided I'd try to eat it. I tried it alone...again, gag me with a spoon. I think I was dry heaving for a week. Then I tried combining it with pineapple chunks. Better but I could still taste the cottage cheese. Finally, I mixed it with some yogurt. Texture of the cottage cheese is still there but the flavor of the cottage cheese is gone. With this discovery, I occasionally buy cottage cheese in the hope of being healthy and eating it with my yogurt. I don't eat it as often as I should and I always end up throwing away a tub of cottage cheese.
Enter StumbleUpon. I'm obsessed. Lately, StumbleUpon has been showing me lots of recipes. I found this one for pancakes today. You're thinking..."What? She was just talking about cottage cheese and has jumped to pancake recipes. This off-track time is really affecting her brain." That's where you're wrong, lovelies. This pancake recipe has cottage cheese...I'm going to try it...tomorrow...and I'm going to wake up early to do so...no more sleeping until 10:30 (though my 11 hours of sleep did help fight the eye junk...it's gone, and Lelan, it's not pink eye...phew!...my diagnosis is just a combination of stress and lack of sleep.).
Anyway, on to the pancakes...
Blender Pancakes
Combine in a blender:
1 cup small curd cream-style cottage cheese
4 medium or large eggs
1/2 c unbleached white flour
1/4 t salt
1/8 c melted butter
1/8 c canola oil
1/2 c skim or 2% milk
1/2 t vanilla
Whirl at high speed 1 minute. Grease griddle thoroughly before cooking.
Serves 3 as main dish.
Always make the first pancake right in the middle of the griddle at the hottest part. It will get bubbles as any good pancake should but don’t let that be your only guide — you have to keep trying to turn it up at the edge to make sure its cooking right. The key is to flip it as soon as you can. Hopefully this occurs at the point that its golden brown. If it takes more than a minute or so to cook, turn up the heat! If it is too dark when it sets up enough to flip, then turn it down. Temperature variations on the griddle are not your friend.


Recipe and photo from here.
They look fantastic! I love me some pancakes!


Wow, these look amazing! Thanks for passing it along.
ReplyDelete