Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wedding Anxiety

After I wrote the Quick Write, I remembered that I really did have something I wanted to write about. My dream wedding...

OK, not dream wedding as in "Wow! This is exactly what I want my wedding to be like." but "I had a dream and was going to get married."

Onto the dream.

I'm headed to a friend's wedding (yep, we were getting married on the same day...the nerve!) with my family. I don't remember much of the wedding at all because I was so preoccupied with the fact that I was getting married in a few hours. I was sure that I had forgotten to do something and I would arrive to get married and someone would tell me I didn't have everything and would not let me get married. I was also really annoyed that I had to be at this wedding even though I had so many things I could have been doing to prepare. I was so anxious in this dream. My biggest fears were all included in this dream: not being prepared, being embarrassed, not getting married to the person I love so much (though I never saw him, I'm sure he was handy and handsome).

That was really it. Just me with a bunch of anxiety trying to run through a check list of things I was sure I hadn't done that needed to be done. Same old Ash J. Anxious about things she can't do anything about.

Wedding

To see a wedding in your dream, symbolizes a new beginning or transition in your current life. They reflect your issues about commitment and independence. Alternatively, your wedding dream refers to feelings of bitterness, sorrow, or death. Such dreams are often negative and highlight some anxiety or fear. If you dream that the wedding goes wrong or ends in disaster, then it suggests that there is more negativity that needs to be dealt with.

To dream that you are planning your own wedding to someone you never met, is a metaphor symbolizing the union of your masculine and feminine side. It represents a transitional phase where you are seeking some sort of balance between your aggressive side and emotional side. Two previously conflicting aspects are merging together as one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails