Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quick Write

I have no real reason to be posting anything today. Let's make this post as random as possible.

When I want my students to just write and not worry about what is going on their page, I have them "Quick Write." The premise is that you write every thought that pops into your head, no matter how odd it sounds. I usually tell my students something like this: "If you're writing about what you want to do when you get home after school then your brain starts thinking about kittens, YOU WRITE THAT. Then your brain goes onto your favorite song, YOU WRITE THAT." Usually I do the activity as my students are doing it then I share so they know what I expect. The other big thing is that you don't edit anything you write. What I write in the moment is what is going to be published. (Though I will check my spelling.) So here's the blog version of Quick Write.

I bought some skinny jeans yesterday. I always thought my thighs were way too big to wear skinny jeans but my roommate insisted they look fabulous. We'll see.

Here's a recipe I really want to try. Maybe I'll have my sister who loves baking make it for me.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cake by Dana from Made.

Quick Write is much harder on the computer. There are all these little things to distract me that are not present when it's just you, paper and a pencil. Gosh. I never thought about that before.

I'm reading two books right now. Catching Fire and The Girl Who Could Fly. I've heard great things about both and I really wish I could read them both simultaneously but that doesn't work. I really want to finish them but everything else just keeps getting in the way. Thanks a lot, Life!

My family is coming over for cake and ice cream tonight. My littlest sister made cup cakes. They look fabulous. I hope they taste as good as they look.

I went to church today. I love church. It's such a great 3 hour block of time. We have a new bishopric. They are great gentlemen.

I have a pile of crap (not literally) in my room and I don't know where to put it. So it's going to stay a pile of crap for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails