Well, I do have a reason. I'm telling you this because I made a pasta dish. It is loaded with cheese. I wouldn't have made it if I wasn't being the best sister EVER. My little sister is going to a party tonight and needs to bring a pasta dish. Because she has lacrosse practice, she doesn't have time to make one herself. Because I am off-track right now, obviously I have tons of time to spare. I made Rigatoni with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. According to Giada De Laurentiis, it's an easy recipe that takes 22 minutes start to finish. Yeah, it takes that long if you have a sous chef. If you do it all by yourself, it's more like an hour.
Fast forward that hour I had been cooking and I decide I should try it to make sure it tastes decent. Let me remind you...I. Hate. Cheese. This dish tastes like, well, cheese. Barf. Even considering that fact, I was starving and just spent an hour preparing this meal and I wanted something to eat. I had to find something to cover up the cheese flavor. My first thought was chicken but the problem was I didn't want to cook anything else. I substituted with red pepper. That helped a little but it still tasted like cheese. I decided not to finish the meal.



OMG, I really dislike cheese, too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ash! I found the link to your blog on your facebook page. I would love to follow and get updates on all you're doing! :) Do you have an email address so I can invite ya to view mine?
ReplyDelete