Remember how I said here that my blog would be about "my job hunt and love life"? Neither did I. Well, the job hunt is over and has been for quite a while so naturally the blog transformed into being all about my job and the funny things my students say. Where did the love life go? Oh, wait...it was never here to begin with.
Well, though the loving is still missing, I have made good on 2 of the 3 things I said I was going to do to find me a handy and handsome husband. I've been to my singles ward FHE (Family Home Evening for you non-Mormons) twice now and I am officially a part of the Activities Committee so not only do I plan all activities, I have to go to all activities or I look like a hypocrite. And no one wants to date a hypocrite.
I've also been so awesome at not staying in my safe little Ash J. bubble. I've talked to all kinds of people and met a few that are turning out to be great friends (and maybe handy, handsome husbands...).
But still no dates...what's the deal? I'm giving you a challenge gentlemen...Ask a new girl on a date once a week. One date per week, not that hard. The only criteria is that you have to ask out someone you've never gone out with before. Preferably that cute girl from church...you know...the one that you always compliment on her super cute headbands...and the one that you notice changed her hair very slightly...yep, she's way into you....ASK HER OUT! Am I sounding creepy? I'm always afraid I'm sounding creepy and no one is here to tell me if I am. But seriously, what is the deal? Just ask girls out. None of this pansy "Let's hang out" crap. I want a real date. As in you pick me up and take me somewhere. We talk and get to know each other, maybe we share a dessert. It doesn't matter as long as it is a real date...HANGING OUT IS FOR LOSERS. There, I said it. Now get to it.
I don't know where all this rambling came from. Thanks for reading. And if you're a single guy...go ask a girl out RIGHT NOW! What's the worst that could happen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


A) Thanks for clearing up the FHE for non-Mormons like myself. It sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteB) Call me crazy, but have you thought of taking your own advice? And I mean that super nicely, just curious if you've ever been apt to make the first move? :)
amen.
ReplyDelete