Monday, April 27, 2009

Hello Blogging World!

It's been a long time coming and I've finally decided that I'd give the world of blogging a commitment, maybe a month or two to see how it goes. I've tried to blog three times in the past but had a few snafus (is that a real word?). First time, forgot password, blog lost in space somewhere. Second time, super busy with school and never really got passed the 'name your blog' part. Third time, again busy and couldn't get anything out of my mind onto the blog so I stopped. Maybe the fourth time is the charm?

I have been a closet blog stalker for quite some time and really enjoyed reading about and catching up with some old friends so I thought I'd give them the same enjoyment in catching up with me. But, this is where I always get stuck...who really wants to hear about me an my life? What should I write about? After a bit of thought about what this blog will rotate around I've decided it should be my job hunt and love life (ha!).


Let's start with the job hunt. I just finished student teaching (wahoo!!) on April 24th and have finished all my screening interviews with the districts in the and around the valley--Salt Lake, The Canyons, Jordan, Granite, Murray, Alpine, Davis and Park City. With the economic climate in the toilet, I expected this job hunt to be long and difficult but I got a call from Parkside Elementary in Murray today to set up an interview. Hallelujah! My interview is on Wednesday and I am so excited! My goal is to be in a district I like (i.e. Murray) and preferably in a Title I school. (i.e. Parkside, Horizon or Liberty). So, if this interview goes well (cross your fingers) I'll have a job and it will be at a school I love!

Kindergarten Class


5th Grade Class


Onto the love life...Ugh! Finding a job is much easier. Being an elementary major and not living on campus, the majority of men I have met are (1) attached, (2) gay, (3) old or (4) super weird. With those options, my dating life is floating in the toilet with the economy. So, here is my plan. Since I no longer have school to keep me out of the dating pool, I'm going to go to activities where there will be men who are not attached, gay, old or super weird. Institute, Singles Ward FHE and activites here I come. Any blind date, I'm up for it. Good idea? Bad idea? Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails