Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baking Heavenly Goodness

I'm having a Girl's Night at my house tonight so I thought I'd make something delicious. I had seen Jessica's post about Monkey Bread awhile ago and thought, "That sounds fantastic. I should make that one day." Today, I thought, "Today is the day."

Instead of making dough like she did, I thawed some Rhode's dough. It made my life so much easier and I could continue doing laundry instead of kneading dough...win win in my mind. Needless to say, I didn't actually do much, I just rolled pre-made dough in butter, cinnamon and sugar and threw them in the oven. Let's just keep that between you and me, though. I'm telling everyone else that I spent hours making dough. I also didn't make the glaze because I didn't have powdered sugar and I didn't want to go to the store but let's say I skipped that step to make it healthier.

Early on, my house began to smell like what I'm sure heaven smells like...really. It's amazing in here. You're welcome to come over right now so you can partake of the heavenly goodness.

Then, after what seemed like forever but was really only 15 minutes, I took the lovelies out of the oven. Aren't they fabulous? And yes, those are the pot holders I won here. (Thanks, Angela! Love them!)



I couldn't wait until my friends came to taste them, so I ate one. I had to make sure they were okay, what if they tasted like junk? I can't serve junk tasting bread to friends. Luckily, they didn't taste like junk. They were magical. Probably what heaven tastes like.



Good thing I have a little self control because if I didn't the whole pan would be gone. This recipe is so easy, especially if you don't make the dough. Go make some now and tell me how amazing your house smells.

1 comment:

  1. I have a really yummy recipe for monkey bread too. It also doesn't take a lot of time. You just have to raise it overnight, so it does take a tiny bit of planning. When I have access to my home computer, in hopefully 3 1/2 weeks or so, I will send you the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails