Sunday, January 3, 2010

Things I Learned While Off Track

1. Cutting is a very soothing thing for me...Thanks Balanced Literacy class for teaching me that if ever I can't sleep I will just cut things out until I drift into a blissful slumber.

2. I hate needy boys...Geez! Grow a pair would you?

3. There needs to be an Internet course for how to drive on snowy days. Yes, I'm talking you little Miss I-Have-A-Huge-SUV-So-Obviously-I-Can-Still-Drive-At-Freeway-Speeds-In-A-Blizzard.

4. While we're on Internet courses, there should also be a class for awkward LDS guys. There are two extremes when it comes to these men boys--weeny and jerk-face. Since I am now 9 credit hours smarter (thanks MEd.!), I'd be happy to teach it. All I need is a tweed blazer with patches on the elbows.

5. Every time I make dinner for myself, someone else invites me to dinner. Because I love people inviting me to dinner (and paying), I will now make dinner but wait a few minutes before I eat.

6. When I was little I was always overjoyed by the fact that it snowed and my parents were always ornery that it snowed. I now understand their orneriness.

7. Finding the perfect present is super difficult but so worth the work.

8. I'm so glad I don't have to be in school during December...especially such a frigidly cold one! Schools have had so many inside day this month. Inside days = Worst. Thing. Ever.

9. Slipping on ice hurts your ego more than your body.


10. Drilling holes in cabinets to attach lovely hardware is super easy (if you measure correctly, see #13).



11. Crazy morning hair IS a short hair thing...it happens to all of us.



12. In-n-Out is good but not THAT good.

13. I suck at crafts because I hate to measure.

14. Though stepping into a bucket of wet paint sounds like a blast, IT'S NOT.

15. When painting a ceiling, always look down before you take a step (see #14).

16. Hot glue, old books, and acrylic paints make for a super cute wreath.

17. As grandma/married couple as it sounds, I'd rather sleep through New Year's celebrations...the holiday is so hyped up and never lives to the expectations.

18. A month filled with holidays and home projects vanishes before you get anything done.

19. I judge people based on their grammar when on Facebook or blog stalking. Yep, I'm talking to you. By the way, see's = see is. That does not make sense. Take a minute to reread and spell check...Thank you!*

20. As much as I miss my students, I'm not ready for this break to be over and I do not want to go back tomorrow.


*If there are EVER grammatical errors in my posts, PLEASE let me know. I don't want you to judge me like I judge you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails