Sunday, September 13, 2009

The VMAs...Always a Good Time

Oh, wow. Those are the only words I have after watching the VMAs (in fast forward...I love Tivo!).

Here's a run down on me watching and my reaction to everything.

Show starts out with the host heckling Lady Gaga.

Host: 'Gaga is a hermaphrodite...' [Cut to Gaga]


Me: "What?! Are those feathers? Who's wearing the other half of her mask?"


More show happens...nothing involving The Gaga but I did get to try to find her in the audience. It was kinda like a game of Where's Waldo? but it was more like What's Gaga Wearing Now?


Lady Gaga performance--otherwise known as The Best 4 Minutes of the Show--


[Time frame and my reactions to the performance.]

0:04--"Wow. All white like angels."
0:10--"Nice Pierrot. This is obviously going to be amazing."
0:26--"Ok. She looks like the Easter Bunny's crazy uncle."
0:30--"Is that guy wearing underwear on his face?"
1:00--"Ooo...sparkles."
1:02--"Yes! She has a cape too!"
1:07--"Yes! Another costume change."
1:13--"Why is that guy still wearing underwear on his face?"
1:18-1:34--"Sweet choreography!"
2:16--"Bedazzled wheel chair...Why?"
2:22--"Cane...Why?"
2:31--"I think the cane made her very angry."
2:49--"That guy was on So You Think You Can Dance. I think his name is Mark. He has weird fingers."
3:05--"Playing the piano with your leg up = super classy."
3:21--"Is that blood?"
3:24--"Yep. It's blood. Why?"
3:34--"She should really go see a doctor. That's not just a paper cut."
4:00--"There is still underwear on your face, dude."
4:15--"Holy cow! Blood in your eye. Yuck."


{This section was at one time the video of Lady Gaga's performance. However, I keep putting up videos that the person doesn't own and MTV takes them down. If I ever find an "official" video I will put it back up. Until then, click here to watch it...it's classic.}

You think Lady has no more tricks up her sleeve? Oh, you are wrong...so wrong.

There is yet another wardrobe change (this one's the best...make sure you're sitting down before you look).


A see-through, red lace dress with a mask, gloves and crown. Who saw that one coming? Really. No one.

Then you think it's over. She cannot get any better, right? WRONG!! Last wardrobe change.


I have no idea what that is...a wreath made of feathers...the left over hair from one of her many crazy hair styles...an old costume from Cats...trimmed and styled Santa Claus wig and beard? I don't know but I do know it's awesome and I'd like to know what Gaga was thinking through the night.

That was the last crazy thing the Gaga did. But Kanye West was a different story.

If you haven't heard...Kanye got on stage while Taylor Swift was accepting her award and said how Beyonce had the best video of all time (and implied that it was ridiculous that Taylor would have won.)



Kanye: "Here. Hold this moonman while I take the microphone."

Taylor: "Ok but I thought I was supposed to talk."

Look at her face...she's so confused.
But in the end Beyonce was a class act and let Taylor give her speech during the time Beyonce was supposed to give hers.

Kayne = word I don't use. Read Kelly Clarkson's blog about it. I think she sums it up nicely.

2 comments:

  1. OK... I love Kelly Clarkson for that! I totally had to post it on my facebook page. I didn't watch it, but have heard a ton of press about it. I wish that I would have watched. I just need to look it up on U Tube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Kelly Clarkson is the greatest! For sure look it up...it was ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails