I had a great weekend (as long as I forget about all the bad and annoying things that happened).
On Friday I spent some time with some girls I graduated from Westminster with and we caught up, complained and laughed late into the night. Thanks for hosting Jenn, it was a great night!
Saturday was a surprise party for my cousin's husband. He turned 40 and we had a nice little party for him. This night was the beginning of the baby insanity that has infested my sisters. While at the party, we got to see another cousin who had a baby a year ago. He is super cute. This made my sisters need a niece or nephew. Here was the conversation:
Them: "Oh, he's so cute! Ash, don't you want one of these?"
Me: "Sure but I think I should think about finding a husband first."
Them: "We need to be an aunt within the year. We need to get you married then you need to have a honeymoon baby."
Me: "Oh. Ok." (Cue eye roll)
Them: "Seriously."
Me: "uh-huh."
Onto Sunday. We went to another cousin's house (on the other side) for dinner. Another cousin, who had a baby 9 days ago brought her little one. This is when the baby hunger infestation infected my mom.
My sisters and mom: (in unison and baby voice) "Oh, isn't he a cutie. Goochy goo. Yes, you think Ashley should hurry up and get married and have babies, huh. I know you'd love a cute little baby to play with...we need to get her a husband...blah, blah, goo, goo, ga ga...blah...Ashley needs to have a baby...baby...baby...goooo..."
Then I left and hung out with the unobsessed in the back yard. This is what I come back to about 15 minutes later:
Random family members: "So, we need to find you a husband?"
Me: "Uh, why?"
Random family members: "Because your sisters and mom want you to have a baby."
Me: "Oh. Ok."
A little bit later...
Family member: "I have a few guys I think I could set you up with but tell me what you would like in a guy."
Me: "A good job."
Family member: "Ok. That gets rid of 2 guys, I still have 3 I'm thinking of though."
Me: "College education."
Family member: "Ok. I still have 1 in mind."
Me: "LDS."
Family member: "Ok. Sorry."
Later when I'm holding 9-day-old baby:
Random family member: "I hear you're baby hungry."
Me: "What?!"
Random family member: "I thought we were trying to find you a husband so you could have a baby."
Me: "Umm...No."
Later...
Gay family member: "You could be the surrogate for me and Bri."
Me: "What? When did this turn into 'Ash just wants to be pregnant'?"
From there everything just got weird. I had to leave.
Let's just say that my family is a bit crazy. Sure, I'd love to find a great guy, get married and start a family but really...you're nuts family, I love you but you're nuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment