Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So Annoyed but not about Cinco de Mayo

So I am a sub for Jordan, Granite and Murray school districts. At least I was until a few days ago.

Due to student teaching, I wasn't able to sub in any district except Murray (where I student taught) from the end of December to the beginning of May. This has caused Jordan and Granite to both drop me as subs. Ugh. Annoying. I called both and Granite put me back in the system while I was on the phone. Thanks Granite, you're fantastic. Jordan on the other hand has a new sub coordinator lady and she was not so nice. She just said I'd have to reapply in July. What? That's stupid. Just put me back in.

Now, you may say this is no big deal but I was supposed to sub for a friend who student taught at the same time I did. She was given a long-term sub job at the school where she taught but already had a vacation planned in early June. The school was cool with it as long as she could find a sub to cover all the days she would be gone. Knowing I'm on the sub list, she asked me. I was super excited because that's 10 days of guaranteed work. Now I have to go back and say, "Sorry Jen. Can't. Hope you find someone else." It's annoying.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I love this holiday because it's an excuse for me to eat tacos (which will be eaten, not spilled on my shirt) and listen to mariachi music. Here are some fantastic videos for your Cinco de Mayo viewing pleasure.



Ok, I said videos before actually looking for videos. You would think there would be entertaining videos on Youtube. This is the funniest I found. Sad.



Maybe I'll make a video of my Cinco de Mayo festivities. It will probably be amazing because I am amazing. Stay tuned for the festivities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails