Sunday, May 3, 2009

Musical Spring Cleaning

I'm a musical pack rat. I have almost filled my iPod (about 7,000 songs, I know...ridiculous). I have recently noticed my computer really taking its sweet time to do things so I decided that today was the day that I would get rid of music I don't listen to any more. I have tried to do this often but I always have this paranoid thought of "What if I decide I want to listen to them again one day? Then what?" Today I pushed those paranoid thoughts out the window and started deleting. I'm down to about 4,500 songs now which is still insane but I can't bare to part with them.

Because of all this 'cleaning,' I have rediscovered some music that I at one time loved but due to the vast amount of music on my iPod, I haven't listened to in a long time.

Forgotten Favorites

  • Daydreams -- Adele
  • All That Matters -- Addison Road
  • All I Want is You -- Barry Louis Polisar
  • Dear Bobbie -- Yellowcard
  • Bedroom Talk -- The Starting Line
  • Build Me Up Buttercup -- The Foundations
  • Don't Let it Go to Your Head -- Fefe Dobson
  • World Spins Madly On -- The Weepies
  • Summer is Over -- Allred
  • I Can Love You Better -- Dixie Chicks
  • Here's to the Night -- Eve 6
  • Just One of Those Things - Meg & Dia
  • Today -- Joshua Radin
  • Ain't No Sunshine -- Bill Withers
  • Annie Waits -- Ben Folds
  • Boston -- Augustana
  • When It All Falls Apart -- The Veronicas
  • Check Yes Juliet -- We the Kings
  • No Rain -- Blind Melon
  • Paint it Golden -- Colbie Caillat
  • 1234 -- Feist
  • Sam's Song -- Dave Melillo
  • Silent All These Years -- Tori Amos
  • Screaming Infidelities -- Dashboard Confessional
  • Existentialism on Prom Night -- Straylight Run
  • Changes -- David Bowie
  • Make Me Believe -- Angel Taylor
  • Say Anything (Else) -- Cartel
  • Like You'll Never See Me Again -- Alicia Keys
  • Bang Bang -- K'naan
  • Styrofoam Plates -- Death Cab For Cutie

These songs bring back so many memories! I can still remember the first time I heard some of the songs or the exact things I was doing when listening to them. Screaming Infidelities reminds me of my senior year of high school, skipping class to drive around in a friend's new car and sing this song over and over again at the top of our lungs.


Styrofoam Plates reminds me of a college professor that was a bit wacky but taught me so much.

Here's to the Night and Sam's Song remind me of the year I lived in Sugar House and was so poor and trying to survive my first year at Westminster.

I love how music has such a prominent place in many people's lives. People are so connected through music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails