Today's book is Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.This book is written in JOURNAL style, not diary style. It is the story of Greg Heffley's life in middle school. It follows him from the first day of school to the last. It is written from 4th to 6th grade and has humor that is very suitable for them. That being said, I laughed out loud at a few parts. Here is an example: Greg's mom tells him he needs to write thank you letters to everyone he received a Christmas present from. At first this is very difficult for him but then he realizes he can write a form letter and just fill in the blanks. It works well at first but he soon comes to a problem. Here is the problem letter (italics are the parts Greg fills in):
Dear Aunt Loretta,
Thank you so much for the awesome pants ! How did you know I wanted that for Christmas?
I love the way the pants looks on my legs !
All my friends will be so jealous that I have my very own pants .
Thank you for making this the best Christmas ever!
Sincerely, Greg
The journal entries are also illustrated which is what makes the book so fabulous! This is again a very quick read because of the style.
I'm giving this book 5 stars which, if you remember my system, translates to: "Why hasn't everyone read this yet?!!"
Words of wisdom by Greg Heffley:
"Let me just say for the record that I think middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented. You got kids like me who haven't hit their growth spurt yet mixed in with these gorillas who need to shave twice a day. And then they wonder why bullying is such a big problem in middle school," (p.3).
On to My Body is on a Suicide Mission.
Honestly, what does my body think it's doing?
Here are the facts:
1. I have had the WORST allergies of my life this year and nothing is working to alleviate them.
2. I have a hacking cough which with my PhD., I am going to diagnose it as Swine Flu (no I'm not over reacting!)
3. There are large, hard bumps behind both of my ears that hurt as bad as giving birth without an epidural (again, I'm not over reacting, though I've never had children). I'm diagnosing this one as cancer (with the help of WebMD) or it's just the bone. I'm hoping for just a bone.
4. My broken toe was doing just fine and now it really hurts. Hello! I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so he can say I don't have to wear the stupid boot any more. Be a nice little bone and heal already!
5. My right knee is spasming. It may be because I put a lot of weight on it due to the above mentioned injury but I don't know.
6. I've had a migraine for 5 days straight.
Seriously! What is wrong body? I should probably see a doctor. Ugh. I hate going to the doctor. But I'll do it so I can stop being paranoid.



I have a way for you to cure your allergies? ..... Get pregnant. I have bad allergies too and the only time that I didn't was when I was pregnant and breastfeeding. :)
ReplyDeleteAs for the other stuff, I really think that you should go to the dr. I will just start calling you Kathy Jr. (Ron's mom, she NEVER goes to the dr.)
You know, if pregnancy were an option I might take you up on that one. I was going to go to the doctor today but I didn't have the time with being unemployed and sleeping til 10 or 11 in the morning. Maybe tomorrow.
ReplyDelete