Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rats, Unemployment and (over the counter)Drug Induced Dreams


Book #3: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
If you want a book that will make you like rats and mice, this is it. I hate mice and rats, ewww, disgusting! But I loved the characters--Mrs. Frisby, her mice children, Nicodemus, Justin, Mr. Ages, Brutus--all of which were mice and rats. In the end I almost shed a tear. It was a great book in which if you're anything like me you will identify with the characters (yes, they're mice and rats) and want to live their cool little lives. This book also won a Newbery Medal and I can see why. It is excellently written. Another aspect I enjoyed with this book is that it was written in 1971 (38 years ago!) but is still relevant and still a good read. I think, if not already classified as this, it will become a classic. I give this book 5 stars!

The plus side of being unemployed

-I can sleep until 10 am, eat breakfast then go straight back to bed

-With all this extra sleep, my body is recuperating quite quickly

-I'm reading daily

-I don't have to shower every day

-I'm dreaming again (I think I have to have at least 7 hours of sleep a night for a long period of time for this dreaming thing to happen)

-I am able to make it to family and friend get togethers

What I've learned over the past 3 nights

Benadryl Allergy + Melatonin - an alarm clock = Super Crazy Dreams

I don't remember the details but I was "dating" some guy or maybe we had just met. He had a son. We all ate ice cream. The son wanted more ice cream but there wasn't any more. The dad had to leave. I was bummed. So I packed up my stuff (we were sleeping (not in the same bed or even the same room, my dreaming self is not a super slut) at my grandparent's house but it was more like a motel) and accidentally bumped into him as we both left.

There were 3 more last night that I think would fit better into the "crazy dream" category but I don't remember any details though I do remember waking up after one, saying the details and going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails