Saturday, February 12, 2011

We're Here to Lay on the Beds

Husband and I went to exchange some duplicate wedding gifts at Bed Bath and Beyond.  We also bought a bunch of stuff that we didn't get for the wedding but desperately needed (you know, like a step stool because I'm super short and I like to try to reach high things).

As we were checking out, a bunch of junior high age kids came in.  I thought, "I wonder if any of my old students are with them."

Turns out one was...it was L.  Oh, how I miss that kid.  And he misses me too.  Woot.  We talked. He called my husband a "handsome man" and told him how lucky he is to be married to me (which he obviously is).

Me: So you're hanging out at the Bed Bath and Beyond with your friends on a Saturday?  Kinda lame, L., kinda lame.

L: No it's not.  We're here to lay on the beds cuz they're so nice.  You should try it some time.

Me: I have my own bed...I'm good.

Bed bugs are not my thing.  I'll keep myself in my own bed.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't been by in a while.
    Like the background.
    And your humor is still great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lindsay. You haven't missed much. I've been slacking on my blogging. Thank you for your kind words though. I try really hard to be funny :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails