Monday, October 5, 2009

Adventures at the D.I.

The D.I. is seriously a teacher's best friend.

I went in today to get a couple plastic buckets to hold pencils. I left with the buckets, 8 clip boards and a couple giant binders...all for under $8. Woot for people's left overs and being cheap!

Then I went to check out. The cashier began telling me about how her husband was telling her she looks like an old meth addict and how he wants to go out and get himself "a 25-year-old floozy with big boobs." (I almost said that I was 25 then looking at her and imagining what her husband looks like and realizing I'm not a floozy, I though better of myself and kept my mouth shut.)

She then says, "I think I look pretty good for 42." (Which she actually did.) Then proceeds to tell me how her husband was drunk by 11am that day (he's unemployed) and how he tried to kick her 18 year old son out of the house because he thinks the son is a druggie.

The entire time she's telling me about her horrible life I'm thinking, "Is this a hidden camera show?" "Am I being punked?" "Is Ashton Kutcher going to jump out of the rack of those horrible prom dresses from the 80's?" "Where could the cameras be?" Then I thought, "Man, this happens to me a lot. Is there something about me and my face that makes people I've never met before want to spill their life stories?"

Then she just stopped and handed me my bag. Yep, she was holding it and not letting me leave. It was very weird. Like she realized she had said a lot to someone she's never met and realized that's really odd. People are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails