Because of this, there will probably be no pictures for a while but I will describe my daily adventures with vivid detail until my computer returns from the computer hospital.
The family of one of my students fosters abused birds. This student has been tormenting me since day one about bringing his birds in for the class. Really, tormenting is not too strong of a word. I say, "today for guided reading you need to (insert enough work to last an hour and 15 minutes)." He says, "Have you thought about what day we can bring the birds in?" I say, "Right now you should be (insert his guided reading job)." He says, "Uh-huh. The birds?" I say, "I need you to (insert guided reading job)." He spends the rest of the day thinking about birds and folding paper. Ugh.
So finally he pestered me enough that I gave in. I was hoping he'd eventually forget about the birds because I'm not a big bird fan and maybe one day I'll tell you all about the many mishaps I've had with birds in my short life. He didn't...after 160 hours of constant nagging, he finally wore me down and I let the birds come to my class.
I expected flying, pooping, swooping crazy birds. The reality was very nice birds that can't fly but do poop on my counter. No worries, the Lysol wipes cleaned it up nicely...I hope.
I even got over my fear and let the nice bird sit on my shoulder.
It really was a fun activity even though we didn't get to writing...for real next week, I promise.


No comments:
Post a Comment