So I've been teaching in severe pain for the entire time I've been a real teacher. The combination of first weeks of school, pain, and very strong pain medication have made for an interesting couple of weeks. All I know is that it will get better from here.
Tuesday, I went to 2 different doctor appointments. One was for blood work and to make sure the medication I've been taking is working. The other was for yet another ultrasound of my leg.
Though I waited around for all the doctors to get all their stuff together for 2 hours, the first doctor appointment was a waste of time. When I finally go to the lady that was supposed to take blood she asked if I had fasted that day. Ummm...no. No one told me I had to. So she sent me away saying she couldn't test my blood because the apple I had 6 hours ago who throw off the test. Ugh. So annoyed!
Then I head over the ER for my second ultrasound. I have a new ultrasound lady who is much friendlier than the first one but no nearly as careful or good as the first one. I had ultrasound goo all over everything when I left that place. Good news...blood clot still in the same spot and still the same size.
The ER doctor tells me that my blood levels can't be checked this early anyway (the opposite of what Dr. Tom said) but that I didn't have to fast when I got it checked (opposite of what phlebotomist said). He also tells me to get to a family doctor by Friday.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment