
Book #36: Shiloh b Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
I'm having one of my guided reading groups read this book. I figured I should know what they're reading instead of just faking it like I did for the first 2 weeks.
Shiloh is about a boy named Marty and a dog named Shiloh. Marty finds a shy beagle one day while walking. The dog follows Marty and he wants to keep him but finds out he is Judd Travers dog. Judd is mean to people and beats his dogs. Marty doesn't want to give the dog back to Judd but his parents make him. After Shiloh runs away from Judd again, Marty decides to hid Shiloh on a hill in a pen he makes. Marty has to lie and sneak around to keep his secret from coming out.
I think this is a good book for students from 3rd grade up. You can discuss right and wrong with this book. Also, it's just a good story of a boy and his dog. **Spoiler alert** Shiloh doesn't die. I was convinced he would but he doesn't. There are also 2 more books in this series.

Shiloh is about a boy named Marty and a dog named Shiloh. Marty finds a shy beagle one day while walking. The dog follows Marty and he wants to keep him but finds out he is Judd Travers dog. Judd is mean to people and beats his dogs. Marty doesn't want to give the dog back to Judd but his parents make him. After Shiloh runs away from Judd again, Marty decides to hid Shiloh on a hill in a pen he makes. Marty has to lie and sneak around to keep his secret from coming out.
I think this is a good book for students from 3rd grade up. You can discuss right and wrong with this book. Also, it's just a good story of a boy and his dog. **Spoiler alert** Shiloh doesn't die. I was convinced he would but he doesn't. There are also 2 more books in this series.



No comments:
Post a Comment