Friday, October 21, 2011

Sissy Pants Meets the Castle

It's been said that I'm a huge sissy (see #2).  For real.  If there is a chance that I will wet my pants from fear/break a bone/die/receive a head injury/need stitches/etc., I just don't do it.

Haunted houses fit into the "I'm not going because I'm a huge sissy" genre.  Earlier in my life, they were avoided for the "wet my pants from fear" category but after tonight, they go in the "head injury" category.

Husband, Jaynee, Ryan, Brandon (aka Bear Grylls, aka Brandon Full Bodied), Heidi and I went to Castle of Chaos.

As we stood in line, I was freaking my freak.  I was nauseous, sweaty, and super anxious.  Let's just say I AM NOT A FAN.

We finally got in and I was still unsure about going in.  I contemplated feigning illness and waiting in the car or pushing my husband and 4 other friends out of the way to run and hide in the PetSmart.  None of these things happened.  I went in.

The waiting was the worst part.  I was freaking myself out because I was just imagining all the people that could jump out from behind corners.  It was not fun.

It's much easier to not be scared when you have a husband to walk in front of you and hold your hand.  I made it through easily with only a minor head injury...yes, one of the characters hit me in the head with a blunt axe.  True story.  Ask Ryan, he was right behind me.

As we were leaving we noticed the chain saw guy.  What do we decide?  Slow clap.  Slow clap the chain saw guy.  Epic decision.  I advise everyone do it.

I'm pretty sure it made our day and chain saw guy's day.  He probably went home and told his wife about the epic kids who slow clapped him.

Slow claps...always a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails