Monday, October 31, 2011

This is Halloween

I'm really cheap when it comes to Halloween costumes and I think homemade is way better than store bought.

The first year I taught school, Halloween came about a month after I cut off all my hair, dyed it red and realized I had a cowlick that liked to make me somewhat resemble a bird.
Instant costume idea!  Bird!
So I went to work in 2009 in this costume...

 I was trying for a generic bird.  What my students thought was that I was a devil...with yellow legs.  I confused the crap out of them.

This year, still being cheap and sporting the same-ish hair, I decided to reuse the costume but add some more bird qualities.  Enter the painted on beak.


Everyone understood I was a bird but they were convinced I was the red Angry Bird.

Do you see any angry eyebrows people?  No?  Oh, that's right...I'm just a bird...that's it.  At least the three-year old that lives across from me understood. 

Next year, full on bird makeup like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails