Me and Amanda. She teaches with me. This is the day of our 6th graders vs. teachers kick ball game.
1. I hate cheese. I'll only eat things with cheese if I can't taste the cheese. I think this is caused by the fact that when I was little I would eat A LOT of cheese all the time. My mom would put cheese in a cup, melt it in the microwave and I would eat it with a fork. Ewwww...I think I just vomited in my mouth just thinking about that.
2. I am a super huge wuss about most things. I don't do anything even remotely dangerous. If there is a chance that I will break a bone/die/receive a head injury/need stitches, I just don't do it. The other day when I went to Seven Peaks water park my friends talked me into going on a really tall water slide. After much nagging I finally manned up and went on a the slide. This slide to be exact:
This was a huge deal for me. I have NEVER done one of these slides even though I've been to a lot of water parks. But here's the funny/interesting thing about this: see how there is a tube at the top of the picture? This section is completely horizontal. If you don't give yourself a HUGE push, you stop in the middle of the tube and then have to pull yourself along. I had to push myself along for quite a while. When I finally got to the end of the tube my legs were uncrossed and I started falling. Oh geez. I have never had so much fabric up my butt. Lesson learned: when people tell you to keep your legs together, it's for your own good.
3. If I had the confidence and the ability, my dream job would be stand-up comedian. What a great job, right? Getting paid to make people laugh? I do that for free now.
4. My toes look like they were spare parts from other people and when I was made all those parts were just thrown on my feet.
5. My favorite show is How I Met Your Mother.
6. I describe things by how they smell. Things usually smell like holidays. I often come into a room and say something like, "It smells like Halloween in here." I know, weird.
7. I am very sensitive to strong odors and most scented things (lotions, perfume, body odor, lake stink) make me sick to my stomach. I will only use unscented lotion because of this.
8. When I was about 3 years old, I thought my whole name was Ashley Murray Park because I would go to a park called Murray Park with my grandma almost every day. My actual middle name is Marie (which kind of sounds like Murray if you're 3 years old). My grandma also had a friend with the last name Park so this name made complete sense in my 3 year old mind.
3. If I had the confidence and the ability, my dream job would be stand-up comedian. What a great job, right? Getting paid to make people laugh? I do that for free now.
4. My toes look like they were spare parts from other people and when I was made all those parts were just thrown on my feet.
5. My favorite show is How I Met Your Mother.
6. I describe things by how they smell. Things usually smell like holidays. I often come into a room and say something like, "It smells like Halloween in here." I know, weird.
7. I am very sensitive to strong odors and most scented things (lotions, perfume, body odor, lake stink) make me sick to my stomach. I will only use unscented lotion because of this.
8. When I was about 3 years old, I thought my whole name was Ashley Murray Park because I would go to a park called Murray Park with my grandma almost every day. My actual middle name is Marie (which kind of sounds like Murray if you're 3 years old). My grandma also had a friend with the last name Park so this name made complete sense in my 3 year old mind.
9. I had never broken a bone until I was an idiot last year.
10. I really like working out but I like sleeping even more.
11. When I was in 2nd grade, my favorite TV shows were Full House and Saved By the Bell. These shows were on at 5 and 5:30 on different channels. One day at 5:30 I switched channels to watch the other one and all I saw were the ending credits. My little 7 year old self died a little that day. I had to make a choice between my two favorite shows. My life would never be the same.
12. When I write blog entries I read and re-read them until they sound perfect in hopes that someone laughs at the things I say. It makes me way too happy when friends comment that my blog made them laugh.
13. I have completely forgotten how to go to bed before midnight.
14. I love crafting blogs, especially sewing blogs. I keep finding amazing things that I need to make and then I remember that I don't have the patience to sew.
15. I have a love hate relationship with being tickled. I love the feeling but I hate the fact that I can't breathe and the feeling that I think I could die at any moment. But then the tickling stops and I start thinking, "That was actually enjoyable."




About #7... I just wanted to say that you are in BIG trouble when you get pregnant! I have a strong sense of smell, but it about quadruples when you are pregnant.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of #7... I might as well comment on #13... Get sleep now, because when you are pregnant, you have to wake up 5 times a night to pee. And I can't forget to mention that when your little bundle of joy comes, you will really be lacking in the sleep dept.
OK, I know that you aren't anywhere near getting pregnant. Oh wait... I haven't talked to you in a while. Are you?