After some convincing by my doctor (I was already dilating and had a "favorable cervix") and some hormonal tears I decided to be induced. I made arrangements for Tate for the afternoon and called Husband to have him meet me at the hospital.
I was checked in by 11 and started on pitocin soon after. My contractions started pretty quickly and were coming about every 3 minutes but were pretty easy to handle. Around noon my doctor came in and broke my water. That's when the contractions started to get a lot stronger. I said this with Tate and I'll say it again, unmedicated birth...you ladies are super amazing. I was at a 7 and feeling lots of pain so I decided to get my epidural. From there everything progressed pretty quickly. A bit before 3pm I was feeling a lot of pressure so I had the nurse come check me. I was at a 10 and she could feel the head. My doctor came in a few minutes later and I started pushing with the next contraction. After two pushes during the first contraction, Baby Girl was born. I didn't expect her to come out so fast and it completely surprised me when they put her on my chest.
| Brynn Linnea Heber 5 pounds 10 ounces 19 inches Born at 3:04 p.m. |
| Heading home. Apparently, T-rex arms are hereditary. |


No comments:
Post a Comment