Thursday, June 16, 2011

Easy A

Husband and I were was watching Easy A a couple nights ago (mostly because it was an on demand movie on Netflix and Huband was ignoring me while trying to fix our TV because he totally broke it.  Side note: it's now fixed...good jorb Husband.)

Thing you need to know: the main character's name is Olive.

I always ask Husband things like, "When we have kids, can we name one of them Basket?"  "How would you like to have a child named Contraption?"  You know, normal torment your husband kinds of things.  He's learned to just ignore me.

As we I watched the movie, I began to really like the name Olive.  So I asked Husband, "Can we name one of our daughters Olive?"

Husband: "Sure.  We could name her Olivia and call her Olive."
Me: "No, I already have a cousin named Olivia.  We can't do that.  I like the name Olive."
Husband's reaction? Silence.  Just silence. 

Am I a weirdy for liking that name?  I'm for real, very-much-thinking-of-having-a-little-girl-named-Olive-in-the-future, liking that name.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be perfectly fine being an aunt to an Olive. I think it's a cute name, & that movie is HILARIOUS! TEAM OLIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really love that name. I think that it is adorable! I am all for cousin Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Good jorb".

    YES. I love Homestar references.

    annnd... Easy A. I have been watching it on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Claire...I'm so glad you got it. Most people just think I can't spell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails