I'm getting my very first cohort (aka month-long student teacher) tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous about this. I--the 2nd year teacher, the teacher who often acts like she's also a 6th grader, the teacher who sometimes forgets how to convert kilograms to grams when trying to teach it to 12-year-olds, the teacher who tells students to put their butts in chairs right now--am supposed to teach an up and coming teacher how to do things. How to be a teacher.
Ugh. The pressure.
I've spent the evening preparing, quite possibly over preparing, for tomorrow while Husband has been out with his friends. I just don't want to mess up this lovely girl's education or have her go back to school and complain about the imbecile the school placed her with.
I just want to be the perfect teacher and mentor for the next month...is that too much to ask?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Imbecile. Hehe. What a funny word. However, you are not one of those Ash-JImeanH.
ReplyDeleteIs the girl from Westminster? Wow a full month! I have 2 girls from Westminster that are doing a 10 hour case study in my classroom. So I totally know what you mean about being the imbecile. haha It is scary but I think where we have just gone through being new, we can offer valuable advice. Or be a good example of what not to do. :D You are such a fabulous teacher I think this girl is very lucky to be placed with you!! Hope it goes well!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies.
ReplyDeleteRachel--no she's from BYU. I was supposed to have a Westminster student but because we have a deal with BYU apparently we can't have any students from other colleges in our school...kinda lame. I was excited to have Westminster professors come to my classroom. Maybe one day. Hope everything goes well with your students!