My name is Ash J., I'm an idiot and I need a lot more sleep. This is my story.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are today and tomorrow. I had one early morning conference today. My plan was to go to bed no later than 10 last night because I knew I had to get to school by 7:45 to set up and get ready for my 8am conference.
This sleeping plan did not happen.
I got out of school late last night, 8:40 to be exact. My friend Gabriel had called during class and left a message about wanting to start making my wedding invitations. I called him back and we made a plan to meet at his house at 9. I revised my sleeping plan to 10:30.
Gabriel and I talked about colors and fonts and graphics for an hour and a half...I revised my sleeping plan again...11pm, no later!
I arrived home at 10:40 to my roommate asking me to watch Glee with her...I never turn down Glee. Revision # 3: 11:40pm.
While watching, Anthony texted me to see if I was still awake. Yeppers, I certainly was though I was fading fast. He needed to come pick up his tools from when he fixed my blasted deadbolt for the second time! (Remember when it broke the first time? Yeah, he fixed it then. We had just started dating. I knew he was a keeper. Then it broke again recently. And he fixed it again. I'm glad he'll be around for a long time. A lot of my stuff breaks.) I stayed awake until he came.
I finally got to bed (without washing my face or brushing my teeth. Yep, I'm disgusting when I'm super tired.) at about midnight. Ugh.
Five hours later, I'm awake. Seven hours later I'm filling up my gas tank. Here's where the I'm an idiot part comes in. I drove away without putting my gas cap on or closing the door thing (does that have a name?) I lost my gas cap...the new one I just bought because my check engine light kept coming on. Ugh. Back to Auto Zone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh Ash J! How are the invitations coming? Also I believe that door is called the fuel door... or gas door.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Court...I knew it had a name but my sleep deprived brain has trouble finding those words lately. The invites are coming-ish. We know what we want now we just have to see what people think of.
ReplyDeleteAs your wedding planner I'd like to see them?
ReplyDeleteJust be happy that you didn't drive away with the gas hose still in your car. That would have been a real problem.
ReplyDeleteI am assuming that you are getting so little sleep to prepare yourself for having babies? You really should get the sleep now while you can. ;)
Court-When they're ready I'd be happy to show you.
ReplyDeleteShamie-Yes, things could have been worse. I'm getting so little sleep because I'm an idiot. That's the only reason. I don't think sleep is all that important apparently.