Monday, April 12, 2010

Crystal Ball

I read this on my friend, Lindsay's blog, (I'd post a link but it's private) and thought it was a great writing activity to start off the day so I stole it from her.

I asked the kids to write about what they would ask if they found a crystal ball that could answer any question. I made them ask at least 5 questions. Here are some of the highlights:

  • What will happen in 7th grade?
  • Is the world going to end in 2012?
  • Will I make it to high school?
  • Will I own a bakery?
  • How many children will I have?
  • Am I going to Heaven or Hell?
  • Will I be famous?
  • Will I die alone?
  • Is 7th grade hard?
  • Will my grandma get better?
  • Will I change in 7th grade?
  • Will I be on drugs?
  • Will I be a professional football player?
  • Why do we live at all?
  • Can I have the answers to all the tests?
  • What college will I go to?
Some of these posts made me laugh (you wouldn't believe how many kids put "Will the world end in 2012?" as one of their questions...they're obsessed with the movie and thinking about it right now, if you haven't already guessed), some made me so sad, and some made me worry that because of the fact that they are already worrying about such huge things.

3 comments:

  1. That is a really good question. Must think of what I would ask...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that our kids asked a lot of the same things! have you read 'the egypt game'? im reading that with my kids and thats where this activity came from. ill have to tell you more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read that book but I've seen it and thought about it. I've just never heard anything about it and I didn't want to take the time to read it first...I'm kind of lazy this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails