I found out today that I can change tracks next year if I want to. I'm tempted. I'm really tempted.
Let's measure the pros and cons of changing tracks.
PRO:I'll have a long summer.
CON: I won't have the huge Christmas break and I'll work on my birthday instead of having a whole month to contemplate all the things I want people to buy for me.
PRO: This track tends to have more parent involvement.
CON: This track tends to have more parent involvement.
PRO: Less behavior problems.
CON: I tend to like the behavior problem kids and work really well with them.
PRO: I was on this track in elementary school and it was the best.
CON: I'm off for Halloween.
PRO: I'm always on for 9 weeks at a time instead of 6 or 3 weeks (really, this year I go off track then come back for 3 weeks then the school year's over. How many 6th graders are going to continue to work? Ummm....1...maybe...if I'm really lucky.)
CON: I won't have siblings of my students.
PRO: I hear this class coming up is kind to each other.
CON: (I cannot think of one)
PRO: This class tends to stay at the school and not move out at random times throughout the year.
CON: (I cannot think of one)
PRO: I'll have lots of time to prepare for next year.
CON: (I cannot think of one)
This list shows that I should go for it. I'm going to sleep on it and talk to my principal on Monday. This is so exciting!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment