...that my roommate's little brother found a ceramic piece I made during my senior year...and it's still in the library at the high school...and they gave me a plaque with my full name on it...and that he took a picture and sent it to my roommate who immediately sent it to me. Wow.
Here's the story of how my high school came to own a piece that I made:
I took AP Ceramics (really, it's a class. Really, it's hard just like any other AP class, promise. Don't judge, you would have been eaten alive by the difficulty of this class.) during my senior year. We made all kinds of crazy awesome things. One of the projects we made was an asymmetrical piece. I decided to make a bunch of ity-bity pots, cut them in half and attach them to a base. This is what I ended up with:
I was in loooove with it! I wanted to keep it forever and never let it go...then my teacher informed me that the principal wanted to buy it for $200. See ya later, asymmetrical pot! I was so excited. I even got a big purple ribbon to go along with my $200 check. It was a great day.
Then the principal put it in the library and had the lovely plaque made. And then my roommate's brother found it **cough**8yearslater**cough...cough**
Woot happy day.


how cool is that!? i'm so impressed and am fully aware I would have been eaten alive in that class.
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat! You are famous. That piece is really impressive. I could have never made anything like that. I wonder if they will ever try to contact you and give it back when they are done with it?
ReplyDeleteI agree with Shamie...you are famous!!
ReplyDeleteI would love love love if they contacted me when I was 80-ish and they said, "Hey Ash. We have your super impressive pot, would you like it back?" I'd say, "Yes sir-ee" because that's what old people say. Thanks for the comment love ladies!
ReplyDelete