Today is our 4 month-iversary. We don't really celebrate them but I always make a point to say (Who am I kidding? It's usually a text. I'm never up early enough to say it to him. Super romantic, yes?) it to Husband early in the morning. Today was no exception.
Husband: Hello love. 8 hours away from a long weekend.
Me: Woot! I love longs weekends! And happy 4 month-iversary! :)
Husaband: Happy 4 month-iversary to you too!
(See, it was all so romantic.)
Even after all that romanticism, the day went on like any other Friday...spelling test, vocabulary test, assembly, reading, art, music, recess, see ya next week.
I finished up the day by planning and ordering supplies for next year and was home a little before 5pm. Husband was already home.
He had left work early and bought me flowers. I think the earlier was a necessity for the later but he claims to have just thought to buy me flowers as he was driving home. Suuuurrrrre.
| They are way prettier in real life, promise. |
Let me preface this section with these two facts: I love my husband and I know he loves me.
It all began last night as Husband and I were laying in bed trying to fall asleep. Earlier in the day we had visited a friend from our previous ward that was in a terrible car accident and may not make it. Husband commented that death doesn't upset him like it does a lot of people. Mostly because he knows this world is not the end and that we will see all of these people again. I told him that's totally opposite from me. Death and pain have always affected me greatly, even when it's people that I don't know well. I know the same things as Husband, I know that I will see these people again but knowing that I will have to live for however long it is until I get to see them again is upsetting. I love people and the thought of not getting to experience life with them anymore makes me really sad. We talked a bit more about how we differ in this respect then lay silently. Pondering.
As I lay there, an overwhelming feeling of love for him came over me. I love every single little thing about him. I realize that sounds weird. I married him. Of course I love everything about him. But this was different. I obviously don't have the words to describe it adequately or I would but I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I had made the right decision and I was going to be happy with Husband forever.
Today, when I got home from work, we were just talking about how our days were and I had the exact feeling. The best part? I know that he loves me as much as I love him.
Moral of the story: If you're dating someone awesome and contemplating getting married...DO IT! Buy the ring, pop the quesiton, get married. It's freaking amazing.
Life is good.


Aw! That is the cutest thing ever! I hope when I get married I can have a marriage just like you two :)
ReplyDelete