Friday, December 31, 2010

Bucket List

I began writing my bucket list early last year (I'm thinking around my birthday in March) and decided that New Year's eve would be a great time to actually publish it.   The original list is not very long and in a different font.  I've added comments because I've crossed/almost crossed some of them off...enjoy!


I'm not planning on dying anytime soon but I realized that I get much more done when I make lists so, why not?

-Fall so madly in love that we remind everyone of Lilly and Marshall on How I Met Your Mother (love them!). (Check on the falling in love...the verdict on the Lilly and Marshall thing is still out.)

-Have kids. (I'm still moving too slow for my family on this one...read about it here, here and here.)

-Fill my passport with country stamps and stay to fill my mind with beautiful memories.

-Run a marathon.

-Finish a triathlon.

-Teach a college class.  (Almost check.  Though when I wrote this I was thinking more of an entire semester type gig.)

-Create meaningful traditions with my own kids.

-Learn to play the guitar.

-Learn how to organize and stay organized.

-Become a great cook.

-Finish my MEd.

-Have something I wrote published.

-See my kids go through the temple.

-Learn to sew well.

-Go skydiving.

-Learn Spanish.

These are things that I just think I need to work on...not really bucket list stuff but things that should be mentioned:

-Keep an eternal perspective when life gets a bit hairy.  ("With an eternal perspective, every bad thing that happens is just a paper cut." ~Rachel L.)

-Laugh more.

-Love what I have and not dream about keeping up with the Joneses.

-Get and stay on a better exercise and sleep schedule.

-Eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails